What is the hestory of video games?

Re: What is the hestory of video games?

Post by Peregryn on Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:14 am

Hm...I don't know. But now I'm going to go look it up lol

Post by Baku on Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:19 am

I do know that the first real video game system had decals that you put on the screen and specific rules, with knobs to control a cursor on the TV.

Post by Kaylie on Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:07 am

Me and my dad were just talking about the first video games that had ever come out yesterday. As well as the first hand held video games and such.

HE told me that the first video game was kinda like ping-pong? Something where the ball bounced back and forth...I'm not sure.

Although I do know that the first hand held game was a type of game-boy...I don't think I really helped you either did I? xD

Post by Firoia on Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:28 am

Video games are great~

I did some research. It kinda depends on your definition of a video game, but most gamers consider the first real video game to be what's was called a 'Cathode ray tube Amusement Device'. It was basically just a dot on a vector, displayed on a screen and controlled by knobs. Plastic decals were put over the screen to add colors and such, but it was essentially a missile launching simulator~

I actually own something that's called a "Vectrex" that's actually pretty similar, if the game play is a little more advanced. You still put the plastic covers on for color, but there are more games, it uses cartridges, and the controls are a little more complex than just knobs. By that I mean there's a simple joystick and four buttons. It was one of my favorite things as a kid, even though it's ten years older than I am. It still works and my brother and I play it on occasion.

The game with the paddles and the ball is called Pong. It's a pretty simple game - keep the ball from passing your paddle and try to get it past the person/computer you're playing against - but is still pretty awesome. It's also one of the most well-known older video games.

From there developments like Pac-man, Galaga, Tetris (don't quote me on the order) all snowballed into the expansive, massive, mind-blowingly beautiful cinematics and stories of RPGs and the hectic, chaotic action of FPS games that we have today. It's all very interesting. ouo

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:27 pm